1 Apr 2010

Me, you and Twitter


Although I have been using Twitter for some time now I have used it also for my PR and Technology module in the last month.

I started my Twitter account for my dear friends from college in Romania and further to an online PR training I attended at work. Then I realized it is a good source to get updates on what bloggers, journalists, PR pros, colleagues and so many other do, think and write about.

Before I engaged into Twitter for school purposes I had not used Twitter Deck. Quite frankly it was hard for me to follow all the tweets. Then I installed the Deck and made my lists. This was so much easier.

During the module Twitter provided a good opportunity for me to discuss with my classmates, get inspired for my blog posts, learn about so many things, and make my posts visible. What did I mostly enjoy about Twitter? The fact that so much and very interesting information can be exchanged via it.

I did not used to send links of posts and articles I found interesting on Twitter. But I was encouraged to do so by our instructor Derek Hodge. And the “experience” was rewarding. I got re-tweets even from people I do not know, which demonstrates how fast tweets travel and the global side of this network. It was the first time I got re-tweeted:) Another thing I enjoyed was that my blog posts were sent via Twitter by followers which made them visible to various people worldwide.

All in all, Twitter opened communication doors and new horizons for me. I twitted with everybody, friends, classmates, followers etc, learned about opportunities for personal development and enjoyment, and shared information on various topics.

At the end of the road with my blog I have to say I really enjoyed blogging, I liked the online PR module and I loved to tweet. This however is not a “good-bye” but more of a “new beginning”. I am thinking to continue with the blog and twittering.

Tweet tweet!

2 comments:

  1. I can see that your experience with Twitter has been a lot more positive than the one I have had so far. Perhaps it is because I am a Facebook girl who has yet to be converted but when it comes to Twitter I just don't get it. I understand that it is a great networking tool etc etc but I have found it so boring. Perhaps I need to spend more time allowing myself to become more interested in it but as of yet Twitter has simply become a place where I can post links to my blog and look at what celebs are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience on Twitter. I do not use Facebook as much as you do however. Maybe one cannot enjoy all social networks at the same time but only one that suits them better...

    ReplyDelete